11 Jun 2010

the post-HeroesCon blah

The lead-up to HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC last weekend completely zapped any motivation I had to draw because I was going nuts getting my new Mockingbird costume finished, which can be seen here. Hooray! The convention itself exceeded all my positive expectations to become my favourite con experience ever, so I'd recommend it to everybody. While there I met and hung out with some of my favourite comics people and felt wildly inspired to draw regularly. When Chris Samnee tells you to draw, you freaking draw! I picked up Christos Gage and Mike McKone's Avengers Academy this week, which is a GREAT read and has a very sinister twist that has sucked me right in. I like Maddy/Veil's "powers" - she basically vaporizes herself - and she seemed fun to draw so I started doodling.

3 comments:

  1. Very good... you got some serious talent going here... are you trying to "break-in" to comics?

    Twitter.com/DrNvrmore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thank you! What a great compliment. I'm not trying to break in, I just like to draw occasionally. Maaaaybe something like covers one day would be amazing, but that's a long way off! And I'm awful with sequential stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jason,Jen-you're certainly every bit as talented as many who are working for Marvel,DC,Image et al.As for Veil,'twould appear she's come undone(with all due apologies to The Guess Who lol...)

    ReplyDelete