28 Aug 2010

tursiops truncatus

I'd been working on this on and off for a couple of weeks now but wanted to get it finished before Dragon*Con -- I've been seeing dolphins in my dreams every night for the past few days. That's not a bad thing because dolphins are awesome. I'm actually really excited about finally getting a print store online soon, something I've been wanting to do for ages, and am hoping to donate a portion of the cost of each print to a marine organization (not decided which one yet) provided it all goes well. I'm also ecstatic to finally have a new set of acrylics and a bunch of canvases so I can get some traditional painting done - it's been so long!

Here's a detail shot of the closest dolphin, who was incredibly fun to do:

"The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For man it is to know that and to wonder at it." Jacques-Yves Cousteau

1 comment: